- Passionate about sales?
- Inquisitive and enjoy exploring customers and building relationships?
- Good listener, polite and personable?
- Confident speaking to people and using the telephone?
- Valuable training and a genuine career opportunity
- To work in a small, friendly professional company with International aims and aspirations
- To manage your own accounts and clients
- Desirable: Experience of working in a membership sales environment
- Essential: Must have be strong self-motivated individual
- Must have a passion for sales and selling.
- Excellent English both written and verbal communication skills required and excellent phone manner.
- Proactive, reliable and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as key member of small team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to specific deadlines.
- An understanding of customer needs and to deliver products and services against them.
- Excellent attendance record and time keeping– needs to be utterly committed and reliable with a flexible attitude over working hours and have ability to travel.
- Must hold current driving license.
Salary/Rate : £25000 - £33000 / annum depending on experience
Location : Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire
Agency/Employer: Institute of Sales & Marketing Management
Description: PR and Communications Executive
The ISMM has been representing the interests of the sales profession for over 100 years, providing practical support to sales people and organisations and exists to inspire those employed in the industry to reach greater heights of achievement by providing education, guidance, information and encouragement.
The ISMM is looking for anexperienced and talented PR and Communications Executive to lead our PR and Communications functions with the purpose of raising the ISMM’s public profile and championing the sales profession. Working with our Corporate and Education departments, you will be managing and maintaining regular communications with our members and partners across all media channels, promoting the membership of the ISMM and its’ range of membership benefits.
The PR and Communications Executive will have a good understanding of SEO, Brand and have at least 3 years’ PR experience. They will be responsible for setting the tone of the business through producing engaging content for the company’s website, publications and social media ensuring the company’s social media and website presence is continually optimised and updated.
The PR and Communications Executive will be working closely with all departments so there will be plenty of opportunities to develop existing skills and learn new ones.
- To deliver a credible PR, Events and Communications strategy
- Monitor the company’s website, ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date
- Produce engaging content for the website, publications and social media
- Overseeing SEO and the company’s online reputation
- Managing existing social media accounts
- Research, write and distribute press releases / media statements/
- Develop and Execute all communications initiative
Skills and Attributes:
- A high level of media awareness and an understanding of SEO
- Knowledge and understanding of digital social media
- Ability to write in a range of styles with excellent grammar and proof reading skills
- Visual awarenesswith good eye for detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Power Point
Degree and ‘A’ levels
Degree educated within English, Communication, Media, Marketing or Journalism
Experience working within a Membership organisation
The ISMM is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices.
to join our mailing list :
Subscribe to our RSS feed to keep
up to date with all the latest news
from the ISMM :